Friday, February 13, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

Big S, Little S,
S, S, S
Silly Sammy Slick sipped six sodas and got ....

SICK, SICK, SICK

We have all been sick for the last week or so. It started actually two weeks ago with Hannah getting pink eye. From there we have all ended up with a cough and a lot of congestion. I think Hannah and I are on the downward side of it, but Rachel seems to just be getting it.

We found out about 10 days ago that Rachel's best friend (Rachel Bush) has Leukemia. The doctors are still trying to figure out what kind exactly, but they don't think she will actually need chemo, and right now they are saying that she won't need a bone marrow transplant either. They are giving her meds and blood transfusions and are hoping that the combination will solve everything. We will update you more as we find out, but if y'all could remember her in your prayers it couldn't hurt.

1 comment:

Willie Fun said...

We all have been sick also. Even Josh and Sam. So it isn't anything that can be done except wait for Summer to come. Hopefully everyone will feel better soon. We didn't do anything for Kendra on her birthday. I made cup cakes with Isaac on his birthday and took a picture. I didn't have a match to light the candles and I thought that we would have some sort of party so I didn't give him his present and card, so it was what it was. I guess if nothing comes about this weekend then I'll give him his present on Monday. I hope that Rachel will feel better and her friend Rachel finds out everything that needs to be done to fight this cancer. I'm willing if it comes down to it to try my blood for bone marrow match. Good luck with her and yes I'll add her to our prayers, the list is getting longer for people needing help. But we know that nothing is too much for the Lord. Love you guys.