Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So, I managed to get the new printer hooked up and everything installed. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, and I won't until tomorrow sometime since it is after midnight now and I have to go to work early. The first thing to scan....the ultra-sound from Rachel's Doctor appointment a few weeks ago. It is just a little peanut, but that's okay. Hopefully I'll get that up tomorrow.

Work will be interesting tomorrow. One of my "customers" changed. There is a new Director in the Visitor's Center now. The change happened today. I was actually tempted to go into work just to meet the new couple and introduce myself, but that can wait until tomorrow or sometime this week. Things have finally slowed down a bit, but I'm sure they won't be that way for long. We had a little over 700 events take place from the middle of June through the end of December. That projects to approximately 1,200 events per year. Temple Square in Salt Lake does about 5,000 in a year, but they have a crew (staff & volunteers) of nearly 30 people to help with the coordination of planning of events. I have myself to do all the scheduling and coordinating. I still have not been able to get a couple called to be Church Service Missionaries to help me out. Oh well, I don't really want to complain. I have a job, and a very good job at that. There is a lot to be said for that in the current economic climate.

Good night everyone. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Willie Fun said...

That is great that you got the printer working. Maybe Rachel can do some ordering or printing of some pictures and start doing her scrap booking. That passes time and she will forget how sick she is (hopefully)